(28 Mar 2007)
We've recently had big discussions about sorting out a multimedia setup....
As part of getting a xbox 360, I've got a HDTV and decided that I wanted to get a HDMI upscaling dvd player that plays divX. However, during our lengthy discussions - we started looking for this with USB support (so we can stick in either usb sticks or an external HD)
At first, we started looking at some of those cheap brands - and then as part of the random searching - found this Philips dvd player which seems to do the business and has some good reviews!
Our intention is not to review the products - (maybe if we end up buying it, then we might!) - it's just to get all the research that you'd do in one spot!
Stylish front shot
Shot of the USB - just for Don... LOL!
- HDMI: Upscales DVD's to 720p / 1080i
- Playback Video: CD, CD-R/CD-RW, Video CD/SVCD, DVD, DivX, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW
- DivX Certified: DivX 3.11, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.x, DivX 6.0, DivX Ultra
- Music and Pictures: MP3, WMA, JPG
- USB 1.1: Plays music, video and images from USB devices (as long as the device is FAT32)
Detailed Technical Specs:
Product Information (official)
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=301465 (Using USB)
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=313992 (USB compatibility)
Multi Region "hack":
Places to buy:
Any people out there who have bought one or thinking of buying one? Or should I not get one?
Leave us a comment with your thoughts!